The EACB is looking for an adviser to join the European Association of Co-operative Banks.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Adviser Sustainable Finance is part of the department “Prudential, Banking Union, Sustainable Finance & Legal Matters” and reports to the Head of Department. The adviser will be in charge of monitoring, analysing and reporting on technical initiatives, trends and practices relevant for co-operative banks in specific policy and supervisory domains (detailed below in the key responsibilities of functions). The role also foresees a direct and active contact with public authorities and other stakeholders.
KEY RESPONSABILITY OF FUNCTION
Monitor, analyse and report on technical (legislative) initiatives, trends and practices relevant for co-operative banks in the following areas
- Sustainable Finance, especially regarding the development and implementation of taxonomies, labelling of sustainable finance products, etc
- Sustainability disclosure requirements and reporting
- Support on aspects of risk management related to ESG risk
The above tasks imply
- the regular information of member organisations about latest developments in these areas (by emails, internal memos and reports)
- the contribution to and support of the EACB working groups/task forces in these areas
- the representation of member organizations’ interests in meetings with regulators and stakeholders
- the drafting of position papers, letters, speeches, and other relevant documents for internal and external distribution
- the maintenance of a network of contacts both within the association and outside (EU policymakers, global bodies other trade associations, etc.)
- Distinct interest/ experience in financial regulatory affairs and their technical aspects
- Profound knowledge of the banking/financial sector and of EU regulation, the EU institutions and the regulatory processes
- Good understanding of the tasks of a trade association
- University degree (Master’s level) in economics, business administration or law
- 2-3 years of work experience, preferably in a financial institution and/or trade association
- Fluent written and spoken English; knowledge of other languages (French, German, Spanish, Dutch, etc.) is welcome
- Excellent drafting and analytical skills
- Good computer skills
The European Association of Co-operative Banks (EACB) is an international non-profit association based in Brussels which represents the interests of co-operative banks in Europe with 27 members representing 2.700 local banks. Co-operative banks have a long tradition in serving 223 million customers, mainly consumers, retailers and SMEs with a total average market share of about 20%. Further information on the association is available on www.eacb.coop.
The EACB offers a dynamic work environment in an international and multilingual team. As part of a major European Credit Sector Association, you will have the opportunity to develop high-level contacts in the area of financial services and to gain expertise.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, including among others lunch vouchers, group insurance and transport allowance.
Please address your CV and motivation letter by e-mail by no later than 13 June 2022. The position is vacant so please indicate details about when you would be able to start working at the EACB:
Mr. Volker Heegemann
Head of Legal Department
European Association of Co-operative Banks
Rue de l’Industrie 26-38
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org